Cleaning Effectiveness and Process Efficiency of the Bottle Washer
The recovery and reuse of glass and plastic bottles is one method of reducing waste in the food and beverage industry. However, to ensure that the returned containers are fit for re-use, you must use significant resources such as energy, water, and chemicals in your bottle washing process. Diversey recently found that in 50% of cases, one or more of these inputs were being over-utilised leading to wasted resources and unnecessary costs.
In addition, your returnable bottle fleet is a significant investment which needs to be continually replaced when bottles come to the end of their lifespan. Typical bottle life ranges from 20 - 40 trips depending on a number of factors. Optimizing the bottle washing process can increase bottle life by 25%, helping to reduce your overall glass consumption.
What is Diversey BWCheck?
BWCheck is one solution within the Diversey Knowledge-Based Services portfolio. These services are designed to help you address food safety and operational efficiency challenges while reducing your total cost of operation. Your chemistry, resource consumption and cost structure will be positively impacted as a result of Diversey BWCheck’s clear, structured process that identifies and prioritises improvement actions.
- Ensure that the chemical solution in place is suitable for the soils present
- Limit wear to your glass while ensuring a consistent, repeatable clean
- Reduce the total cost of operation
- Prioritize areas of improvement and take action
- Determine which incremental improvements will improve efficiency
- Benchmark your business against industry performance using BWCheck’s analytic tools
With Diversey BWCheck’s focus on the technical, environmental, and economic optimization of the installation:
- We will help you discover if your bottle washer is over- or under-performing.
- Our service team will conduct a detailed probe into the bottle washer to assess the system design, audit your current cleaning procedures, review the sustainability impact of the cleaning chemistry, and monitor utility usage.
- As necessary, we will conduct additional assessments into the cleaning result, including compliance with microbiological standards and address specific soils or allergens.
On completion, you’ll receive an analysis benchmarking your performance against industry standards and a detailed report identifying areas of improvement.